West Virginia Welcome, designed by the West Virginia Hospitality Education and Training Program, provides an introductory overview of the essentials of hospitality, such as how to put customers at ease, be personable and proactively solve problems.
This training made possible as a joint project of the West Virginia Department of Education, West Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association, and the West Virginia University Extension Service. Thanks to The Media Center for video recording and production services. Photos provided by the West Virginia Division of Tourism.
West Virginia Welcome Goals
- To improve the quality of service each employee provides West Virginia guests.
- To be guest-sensitive and search for opportunities to assist our guests.
- To practice hospitality every day to exceed our guests’ expectations and build guest loyalty.
- To share information regarding the services and local attractions available with all guests.
- To value everyone who is a guest.
- To recognize that every guest impacts our business.
- To certify investors of West Virginia Welcome.
*When creating a new account, please check your spam folder for emails if you don't see your login immediately