Please check back frequently for newly posted and updated jobs from our WVHTA members. WVHTA members can submit job openings to [email protected]
New River Community and Technical College - Program Manager/Instructor Tourism, Outdoor Recreation, Culinary Arts
$53,000.00 - $55,000.00 Annually
Full Time Regular
Become an integral member of a dedicated team focused on improving the quality of life among citizens in southeastern and south-central West Virginia. New River Community Technical College provides comprehensive, quality higher education, workforce training and community education programs and services. We aspire to make a difference in the communities in which we serve!
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional Program Manager-Instructor: Tourism, Outdoor Recreation and Culinary Arts Program who is passionate about cultivating the school’s mission and objectives through student instruction, guidance and review in order to ensure successful development of each student. This position is an on-site position but has the flexibility to work in both the Raleigh County and/or Greenbrier County campus.
The Program Manager/Instructor for New River CTC's Tourism, Outdoor Recreation, and Culinary Program will have the responsibility of supervising the objectives and the budget of the recently awarded 3 year, $500,000 WV Technical Program Development Grant. Continuation of the program beyond the 3 year grant period is contingent upon growth and enrollment.
Examples of Duties
The successful candidate for Program Manager/Instructor, in collaboration with the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs, twill:
- Develop curriculum (including credit, non-credit, community education, industry, dual enrollment, and college to career pipelines).
- Coordinate outreach efforts to engage with relevant communities within the New River service areas.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning and execution of an annual summit/conference focused on tourism, outdoor recreation, and culinary arts.
- Drive enrollment and growth for program sustainability.
- Act as the direct liaison for planning and coordination with established industry partners.
- Teach up to nine credits per year in area of relevant expertise.
You would be a great fit for our team if you have the following:
- Self-motivated, self-driven and self-starter and you have the ability to work independently while also being a team player who will productively engage others.
- Highly relationship-oriented and you are skilled in cultivating new and strengthening existing relationships.
- You have a bias for action-love start up programs and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills- with the ability to influence and engage a wide variety of stakeholders through both oral and written communication.
If you meet the majority of this criteria, I want to learn more about you- you may be right for our team, please apply at our official hiring website at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/newriveredu/.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in program and/or grant management, teaching and practical industry experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in tourism, hospitality, recreate or related area and 2 years of experience in program and/or grant management, teaching and practical industry experience.
Employees are expected to adhere to the Mission, Values and Vision of the College. Each employee’s position has attributes that contribute to the achievement of these goals.
New River Community and Technical College provides accessible, affordable, quality education and workforce programs to meet the needs of the region it serves.
Shared values guide New River Community and Technical College in fulfilling its mission. These values influence thoughts, guide decisions, mold policies, and determine courses of action. Our employees are expected to support and enact these values in our daily work.
- Commit to the well-being of others.
- Model behavior that promotes unity.
- Demonstrate commitment to the College's mission.
- Promote a caring and supportive environment.
- Support continuous personal and professional growth.
- Practice fairness and honesty.
- Uphold ethical, professional, academic, and financial standards.
- Ensure transparency.
- Be accountable.
- Respect the freedom and dignity of each individual.
- Respect and promote diversity.
- Promote positive attitudes toward each other.
- Provide equal opportunity for success.
- Prepare students and employees to work in a global and diverse environment.
- Provide service to each other and to the community.
- Be a responsive member of the community.
- Pursue truth, learning and quality scholarship.
- Commit to increasing the knowledge of all individuals associated with the College.
- Foster lifelong learning.
- Maintain high standards in our constant pursuit of excellence.
New River Community and Technical College improves students’ lives and enriches communities.
PART-TIME/SEASONAL RESTAURANT MANAGER
Division of Natural Resources
Parks and Recreation
North Bend State Park
North Bend State Park, operated by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources, is found among the Mid-Ohio Valley's rolling hills, lakes and streams. This state park offers a multitude of recreational facilities in a beautiful pastoral setting. This year-round park is lush with hiking trails and abundant wildlife. Located near Cairo and Harrisville, North Bend State Park is best known for its family atmosphere, the 305-acre North Bend Lake, and the 72-mile North Bend Rail Trail, which follows a rail-banked B&O Railroad corridor with several tunnels along the way.
The park operates a full-service, casual dining restaurant serving overnight guests, day visitors, and locals alike. The restaurant has historically been a special place where families and friends gather to enjoy time with each other while sharing meals and enjoying the pastoral views outside.
The park is currently seeking a qualified and experienced part-time restaurant manager to oversee, manage and operate the food and beverage operations including the lodge restaurant and banquet operations. Candidates must have demonstrated restaurant management operations experience, and should be willing to work various hours and shifts depending on volume, occupancy and scheduled events.
Under direct supervision of the Park Superintendent, the ideal candidate will be familiar and comfortable with taking over in-depth inventory management, recipe development, recipe costing, menu development, and menu costing, and developing Front of House and Back of House standard operating procedures. This candidate will work closely with the Lodge Manager and Group Sales Coordinator to enhance the food and beverage experience for the various groups that seek North Bend State Park out for weddings, events, meetings, parties, and other conference-related package needs. The candidate must have the ability to adjust food costs based on supplier increases, and the knowledge to maintain a current cost of goods and services report to supplement the required monthly Profit and Loss Statement for the restaurant. Will be required to obtain or produce a ServSafe certification, TIPS alcohol certification, and general food handlers within 30 days of hire. Will be directly responsible for employee training, reinforcement of standards, disciplinary action, retention and recruitment of qualified staff. Other duties assigned as required.
North Bend State Park is the perfect opportunity for the outdoor enthusiast who has the passion for providing excellent hospitality, the creativity to create great memories, and the experience to provide a high quality product. Hourly rate is negotiable and will be based on the candidate's experience.
Interested candidates can apply in person at North Bend State Park lodge, or call to request an employment application. Candidates must provide, in addition to an application, a resume with appropriate qualifications, list current certifications, previous work history, and a valid phone number.
North Bend State Park is located at 202 North Bend State Park Road, Cairo, WV 26337. Phone number: 304-643-2931
Hourly Rate: Pay negotiable based on experience. Temporary housing may be available on property for those relocating to the area.
Shift: Rotating, on-call. Evenings, weekends and holidays expected.
Expected hours: Up to 40-hours per week expected, hours will vary depending on seasonality, volume and occupancy. May work up to 2,080 hours per year.