Please check back frequently for newly posted and updated jobs from our WVHTA members.
Visit Mountaineer Country CVB: Communications and Public Relations Specialist
- Location: Morgantown, WV 26501
Communications and Public Relations Specialist
Our client is looking for a person who is very customer focused, dependable, enjoys teamwork, great time management and reporting skills, enjoys inventory control and displays documentation skills.
The Communications and Public Relations Specialist be responsible for developing and executing public relations, communications, and social media strategies across multiple platforms as a part of achieving VMCCVB’s destination marketing goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, writes, edits, gains proper approval, and releases all communication including press releases, e-newsletters, newspaper articles, blogs, social media, web event updates, and other communication in support of VMCCVB’s mission and annual marketing plan.
- Procures, edits, integrates, and manages all Mountaineer Deal information, including giveaways as needed.
- Ensures branding and message integrity in all communication.
- Procures, organizes, and manages VMCCVB internal photo inventory.
- Manages all VMCCVB social media channels.
- Attends local events and engages with tourism partners to capture photos for VMCCVB photo inventory and social media accounts.
- Serves as a tourism ambassador for the VMCCVB and the State of West Virginia.
- Works with local, regional, and state tourism partners on collaborative tourism initiatives.
- Researches and maintains database of regional destination information for archiving and publication purposes (including regional attractions, restaurants, events, shopping districts, etc.).
- Operates designated office computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Uses various software applications such as Microsoft Office, online graphic design tools, and relational databases for a variety of marketing and communication tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of current and emerging social media strategies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Likes working with the public
- Bachelor’s degree in strategic communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, tourism, or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in the development and maintenance of a successful public relations or strategic communications plan
- Knowledge of public relations and communications principles
- Knowledge of editorial and ethical standards for the research, content development, and writing of journalistic articles, stories, and/ or presentations in accepted journalism style
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with multiple tourism partners both internally and externally
- Basic technology skills, customer focus, dependability, coordination, organization, time management, reporting skills, and documentation skills
- Valid driver’s license, use of personal vehicle as needed, and good driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.