Through our partnership with the National Restaurant Association, we have teamed up with new Marketplace vendors to provide our WVHTA members with discounts on all types of products and services. Some of the products are perfect for reopening and keep your business clean and employees healthy. WVHTA members can receive discounts on pandemic-specific products and services that equip you to remain open safely, including discounts on:
• PPE supplies, such as masks and gloves
• Dividers and barriers
• Online ordering and contactless payment devices and software
• Human resources-related tax accounting services
• COVID-19 screening and testing services including:
o A mobile app that provides a customizable symptom questionnaire to efficiently screen employees.
o An at-home testing service for assorted health conditions. Includes a COVID-19 home test kit; 99.8% accurate.
For more information about our Marketplace vendors, please check out their information below and use the links provided.
Office Depot: Office Depot Savings Program is here to help you 'get back to business' with confidence. Here to help you succeed, whenever you’re ready to open your doors and get back to business, WVHTA members save and receive 80% off 96,000 items when you visit. Save up to 75% off the officedepot.com regular prices on our Best Value List of preferred products with free delivery on qualifying orders of $50 or more.
Click here: https://www.1800member.com/wvhta to start saving.
- Exclusive savings: Up to 80 percent off over 96,000 items, with savings ranging from 1 percent to 80 percent, either online or in-store
- Printing discounts:
- Up to 80 percent off on black and white copies
- Up to 65 percent off on color copies
- Up to 30 percent off all printing finishing services such as stapling, laminating and folding.
- Free shipping: On orders over $50 (and under 50 pounds).
- In-store cards: Available for digital download or mailed to you directly, Association members can take advantage of Office Depot discount cards for in-store savings in more than 1,400 stores nationwide.
Enviro Shield: Enviro Shield was started by a group of restaurateurs after we had a hard time sourcing PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) for our own chain of restaurants when we started planning for the reopening of our restaurants. Using our overseas connections, we were able to establish relationships and purchase large quantities of masks, 3-ply masks, gloves and other products regularly used by restaurants. We warehouse all of our supplies in Dallas, TX.
They are a PPE supply company whose primary focus is to make items available to the restaurant industry. Enviro Shield want restaurants to be well equipped to handle a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We want restaurants to get back to business while making their patrons comfortable knowing that the restaurant is doing as much as possible to prevent the spread of the virus.
Use the Code: Restaurant10 for 10% off your purchase. Visit them at https://wv.ppe4restaurants.com/
Say No More Promotions: SayNoMore! Promotions has been in business for 20+ years and is one of the leading promotional merchandise companies in the United States. Over those 20 years we have built strong relationships with our factories and suppliers so that we can deliver quality products to our clients in a timely manner, looking exactly as they were expected.PPE Products - With so many businesses trying to return to business as usual all at the same time with new rules and regulations, the search for quality PPE products from reputable suppliers has become difficult. Let SayNoMore! Promotions find you exactly what you are looking for so that you can focus on the other important aspects of re-opening your restaurant.Visit them online at https://wvhtapppe.mybrightsites.com/
Room Dividers:EVO Environments: EVO makes room dividers, barriers, and face shields for all types of businesses. These products are proudly made in the USA and be customized to any business. WVHTA members will receive 5% off their order or 15% off a custom order through EVO Environments.Visit them online at: http://www.evoenvironments.com/WVHTA-Member-Offer_ep_46-1.html To apply the promo code automatically, simply click the start shopping link on the page. WVHTA5OFF is also the promo code if needed.
Evo Environments and the WVHTA have partnered to provide exclusive savings on a wide selection of our products including:
Hygienic Barriers for reception areas and hostess stands
Room Dividers and Barriers to separate tables and walkways
Face Shields for added protection
Custom structures and barriers to meet any of your needs
Evo Environments is your one stop solution. We've been building for over 20 years, and our consultants can work with you to help reopen your restaurant. Click the link below to apply the 5% discount to your cart. Call 630-520-0715 today for 15% off custom sized products not available on our website.
Covid-19 Screening Technology
Modjoul: The WVHTA’s partner in providing simple and effective COVID-19 screening
The WVHTA has teamed up with Modjoul, a US based health and safety technology company, to provide restaurants with an easy and cost-effective way to screen employees for COVID-19 symptoms.
Modjoul’s goal is to help restaurants and their patrons feel safe through the use of their mobile screening application, “Modjoul Health”. Using the app, restaurants will be able to efficiently screen their entire team in seconds and post a readiness score that shows patrons that their employees have been screened.
The benefits to employee screening are twofold. Employees have confidence that their employer is screening not only for temperature, but for all symptoms of COVID-19, and patrons can know that precautions are being taken to protect them as they resume visiting their favorite restaurants. According to CDC recommendations, having an efficient and effective employee health screening process is a proven part of reopening safely and responsibly.
How does it work?
Every employee has access to their own customizable daily symptom questionnaire via the “Modjoul Health” app (available in the Google Play and Apple App stores). Before heading to their shift employees fill out their Symptom Questionnaire indicating how they are feeling, whether or not they have any symptoms of COVID-19, and recording their body temperature. These entries are customizable and securely stored in the cloud.
Additionally, Modjoul makes available daily signage that can be used to communicate with customers that the entire staff has been screened for COVID-19 symptoms. By exporting an updated file directly from our application each day, restaurants can better inform patrons that they are taking precautions to protect their experience.
Interested in learning more about the Modjoul Health screening app? Click below to check out our partnership page detailing how Modjoul can help you screen your employees and keep your space COVID-free.
Credibly: Credibly and the West Virginia Hospitality & Travel Association have teamed up to provide access to streamlined business financing. WVHTA members will receive membership discounts to Credibly's services. For more information go to: https://partner.credibly.com/wvhta
Credibly is a best-in-class business lender who believes every business deserves fast, easy and transparent funding. Whether you're looking to buy new equipment, hire more staff, or even if you just need some extra cash for your restaurant, we'll get you exactly what you need.
- WVHTA members receive exclusive discounts on financing products: 60 percent off the 2.5 percent origination fee (with a $100K loan, for example, Association members save $1,500).
- Members receive streamlined access to various financing solutions: Credibly's internal products as well as partner products, including SBA programs and equipment leasing.
- Funding in as little as 48 hours – much faster than traditional bank loans.
Our working capital loan provides you with extra working capital fast, but it doesn't have to be used for just that. Use this loan to help with whatever your working capital needs may be.
If your business is taking off and you need a little extra money to tackle your growth initiatives, look no further than our business expansion loan, designed for growing restaurants ready to pursue new growth initiatives.
Unlike a loan, our merchant cash advance allows you to get money from the sales you haven't made yet, which ensures your payments are based on what you can afford.
Simple: The WVHTA has partnered with Simple to offer you a solution to help cut costs, increase profits, and save time. Simple™ was built by restaurateurs who understand the challenges of running a restaurant everyday.
Simple helps streamline back of the house processes like vendor management, centralized ordering, product price comparisons and inventory and recipe. Simple's technology can improve overall restaurants profits by 3-5% to the bottom line.
Here is what Simple offers:
- Increase your bottom line 5% or more
- Track and Compare price changes across your market
- Order from all your vendors in one click
- Organize your invoices in the cloud
- Save accounting and operations time every month
- Realtime reporting
Click Here to Sign up for demo -> https://simpleoperatordemo.youcanbook.me/
Ready to start? Click Here to Sign Up for Simple -> https://simple123.com/westvirginia
SoundTrack Your Brand:
Soundtrack Your Brand offers the world’s largest selection of background music for restaurants—your single source for fully licensed music, with BMI and ASCAP fees included at considerable savings. An online streaming service, Soundtrack is built for easy scalability across multiple locations or areas within a single restaurant. It’s music at the touch of a button.
Association members receive an exclusive 10% discount on the subscription price and a 30-day free trial.
Play whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want
You’re sure to find the right sound for your business in the world’s biggest catalog of background music—with 51 million songs.
Whether you love to put together playlists or you’d rather leave the work to someone else, Soundtrack makes it easy to find and play the music that works for your business.
Create your own playlists from scratch, import them from Spotify, or browse the playlists already created by our music experts to fit specific moods and situations. Or, use Soundtrack’s powerful AI to create a station perfect for your customers.
Smart tools that save time
- Schedule music to match the changing tempo of the day
- Keep your restaurant family-friendly with an explicit-lyrics filter
- Control the music across all of your locations from the same place
Give staff the right amount of local control to adjust volume, skip tracks, and
share songs with customers
Music that works—for your customers, your staff, and the artists
Coronavirus Resources for the Hospitality and Travel Association Members
West Virginia Reopening Guidelines:
- Bars - Updated November 17, 2020
- Bowling Alleys and other Indoor Recreation Facilities - Updated November 17, 2020
- Campgrounds - Updated November 17, 2020
- Hatfield McCoy Trail System - Updated November 17, 2020
- Hotels - Updated November 17, 2020
- Museums and Visitor Centers - Updated November 17, 2020
- Restaurants - Updated November 17, 2020
- Whitewater Rafting - Updated November 17, 2020
- Winter Sports Facilities - Updated November 17, 2020
- Ziplines - Updated November 17, 2020
- Zoos - Updated November 17, 2020
West Virginia Resources:
WV Tourism Office Interactive Dining Guide. Check out their map and list of restaurants that are providing carry out, delivery, or drive-thru options. Is your restaurant missing from the list? Submit your information in the link!
- Suspending vehicle size and weight limitations.
- Suspending the deadlines for annual vehicle inspections.
- Suspending the deadlines for renewal and payment of annual fees for video lottery machines.
- Suspending the deadline to renew permits from Alcohol Beverage Control Administration.
- Essential needs are listed in the attached Stay at Home order and Executive Order, and include travel to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru food services. As part of the Order, those individuals performing essential services or work for an essential business may continue to go to work. The Order includes restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food for consumption off-premises, as well hotels and motels, amongst those businesses considered “essential.” The Tourism Office further clarified in addition to hotels and motels. privately owned cabins and campgrounds also are classified as essential.
National Restaurant Association Resources:
- Business Interruption Insurance Claims: What You Need to Know Now - Hosted by the Restaurant Law Center
- Marketing When Limited to WOM and Social - Hosted by Yelp
- Running Through the Fire – Planning the Future of Restaurant Menus - Hosted by Datassentials
American Hotel & Lodging Association Resources:
Upcoming Webinars: (Register Here)
Check back for more webinars. To review past AH&LA webinars, click the "register here" link and scroll down the page.
Small Business Administration Resources:
Estimated Disaster Economic Industry Worksheet (Submit to Governor's Office at your earliest opportunity)
Apply for a disaster loan: https://disasterloan.sba.gov
Disaster Loan Assistance Information: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/EIDLLoans
More Coronavirus resources for small businesses: https://sba.gov/coronavirus
Please check back frequently for newly posted and updated jobs from our WVHTA members.
Visit Mountaineer Country CVB: Communications and Public Relations Specialist
- Location: Morgantown, WV 26501
Communications and Public Relations Specialist
Our client is looking for a person who is very customer focused, dependable, enjoys teamwork, great time management and reporting skills, enjoys inventory control and displays documentation skills.
The Communications and Public Relations Specialist be responsible for developing and executing public relations, communications, and social media strategies across multiple platforms as a part of achieving VMCCVB’s destination marketing goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, writes, edits, gains proper approval, and releases all communication including press releases, e-newsletters, newspaper articles, blogs, social media, web event updates, and other communication in support of VMCCVB’s mission and annual marketing plan.
- Procures, edits, integrates, and manages all Mountaineer Deal information, including giveaways as needed.
- Ensures branding and message integrity in all communication.
- Procures, organizes, and manages VMCCVB internal photo inventory.
- Manages all VMCCVB social media channels.
- Attends local events and engages with tourism partners to capture photos for VMCCVB photo inventory and social media accounts.
- Serves as a tourism ambassador for the VMCCVB and the State of West Virginia.
- Works with local, regional, and state tourism partners on collaborative tourism initiatives.
- Researches and maintains database of regional destination information for archiving and publication purposes (including regional attractions, restaurants, events, shopping districts, etc.).
- Operates designated office computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Uses various software applications such as Microsoft Office, online graphic design tools, and relational databases for a variety of marketing and communication tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of current and emerging social media strategies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Likes working with the public
- Bachelor’s degree in strategic communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, tourism, or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in the development and maintenance of a successful public relations or strategic communications plan
- Knowledge of public relations and communications principles
- Knowledge of editorial and ethical standards for the research, content development, and writing of journalistic articles, stories, and/ or presentations in accepted journalism style
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with multiple tourism partners both internally and externally
- Basic technology skills, customer focus, dependability, coordination, organization, time management, reporting skills, and documentation skills
- Valid driver’s license, use of personal vehicle as needed, and good driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.